I had a birthday this past week. I tried to post a little blurb on Facebook, but apparently I am Facebook retarded. I also am failing (repeatedly) to send messages there successfully (so Hi Lori! if you’re reading here. I’m trying to talk back to you, I’m just not good at it!)
For my birthday:
(1) I discovered that eating an entire box of Star Crunch in honor of the big event is a habit perhaps best left in one’s twenties.
(2) Brad cooked yummy steaks, so I was an omnivore the for the day.
(3) He also chose a great gift — the book “Backyard Homestead.” He is talented at giving good gifts that are not anything I’d thought of.
(4) We went to see a movie (the day after the birthday). This would be the first time away from the kids since, um, February. Which is a loooong time. I normally hate movies, but it’s been a couple of years since I’ve been to one, and I was just in the mood. The movie was silly and entertaining and did not make me want to kill myself (that is my number one criterion for whether or not I’d like to see any particular movie. If you like my criterion, do not under any circumstances rent Mystic River. You’ve been warned.)
(5) I double-checked and confirmed that I have still not outgrown Lyle Lovett. Nope, still going strong with the Lovett lovin’ here.